First the equipment was set up to film Chiquito "helping" Paul clean the cage.
What Usually Happens:
1) Chiquito holds the nozzle on the hose and helps Paul spray everything down.
2) Chiquito rides on the broom handle and helps Paul sweep.
3) Chiquito tosses all of the fruit rinds and peels out of the empty dish Paul put them in. At least twice.
4) Chiquito hugs Paul's face. He motors around on Paul's head. He perches on Paul's hand like Buddha.
What Actually Happened:
1) Chiquito stared at Sid behind the huge camera, and Brian pointing a sound boom at him...and squeaked. For fifteen minutes.
As Paul lamented afterwards, absolutely none of Chiquito's cute, feisty personality was captured on film.
Enter Lolita. The flying monkey.
Lolita reached over her head for the sound boom. She climbed Brian's leg to grab the curly cord. But most of the time she was darling...and she stole the show.
It will be five or six months before we have clips from the filming, but we can't wait!